Thursday, March 15, 2007

Making Money Online

If you are like the majority of the population, you could always use a little extra money on the side. Have you ever been scrolling through a web page or done a search and found these sites that offer to provide you with a list of survey sites that pay cash? And of course, you can make $5000 a month doing it. They only want $29.95 to provide you with this mysterious list. Wow, that's a pretty good return on your money.

Unfortunately, you can guess what I am going to write next. If it sounds too good to be true, it is. I mean really folks, if there was that kind of opportunity out there, available to anyone in the world who had access to the Internet, don't you think you would have heard about it by now? I can almost guarantee that you would have seen it in some new flash or heard about it from a co-worker or a friend. There may be some people who can make this kind of money, but they are either lying to qualify for all the surveys and studies or they are very well rounded and are part of a highly sought after demographic.

I almost succumbed to this scam myself while trying to find a way to supplement our income as a stay at home mom last spring. I was researching the possibility when I stumbled upon a post on a message board that was adamant about not paying for these lists. She said to come on over to her site and get the lists for free. I am a naturally distrusting person, but I decided to check out this person's site just to see what it was all about.

I found a ton of information about doing surveys, mystery shopping, paid to read programs and pretty much anything that we stay at home moms could think of doing while junior is sleeping. I was very cautious at first and only signed up for a couple of the survey companies after creating a separate yahoo email account to catch all the spam I was expecting. Imagine my surprise when I received not one spam email!

Then, I checked out the message boards and found a wonderfully supportive and trustworthy community, all willing to provide their insight and expertise for us newbies. They were very honest. All said that you wouldn't make a living doing the surveys, but that it was nice to be able to cash out every few months to have a nice dinner out with their spouse or buy a little something with the amazon certificate they received.

This wonderful site is Katie's Hugs. It is operated by one of the most giving people I've run across in quite some time. The site owner's name is Connie and she is an extraordinarily busy mom who has taken the time to share all of the research and experience she has worked for over the last several years. If you are considering doing anything online - blogging, putting together your own site, doing surveys, eBay, paid to read and more - definitely check out her site before you start. You will benefit from the experience of others and have any questions you might have answered honestly and quickly.

No comments: